Late last night, as I was finishing my last post, I was confronted by a 10 inch long snake… in our house. Natalie actually found it and called to me to help her with it. It wasn’t very big, but as I started prodding it with the broom handle to move him out the door, he stuck his head up. That’ll wake you up!!! Anyway, we finally got it out the door. Then this morning, I told one of the staff members about it. I was assured that in the last 15 years, this was only the second time this had ever happened… and it was a poisonous snake (I didn’t think it was when I was getting it out)! So… today’s lesson: treat all snakes as if they’re poisonous!!! Welcome to Africa!